The following sites all contain free downloadable resources and most of them have a filter to search for activity, age group or curriculum area.
You can also see all our Outdoor Home Learning worksheets in our news section here.
- Creative Star Learning – I’m a teacher, get me outside here!
Lots of blogs, information, links and ideas:
- Learning through Landscapes
- The Wild Network
- Wild about Learning
Maths and literacy lesson plans:
- Outdoor Classroom Day
Lots of ideas…
and lesson plans:
- Sustainable learning
- Brighton & Hove environmental education
Curriculum based home learning resources + wildlife identification guides:
- Wildlife Watch – educational resources by The Wildlife Trusts:
- Educating Outside: Curriculum-linked outdoor learning ideas for primary teachers (2018)
by Helen Porter – Paperback £15
Local Outdoor Learning
- The Living Coast day – exploring the Downs and Marine habitats in Brighton https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8KwbegRsvY
- Rockpooling in Ovingdean – with Y5 pupils from Benfield Primary School
Map of Brighton & Hove and greenspaces for outdoor learning
- School grounds provide vital ‘corridors’ for wildlife to move between household gardens and green spaces around Brighton & Hove. This fascinating map shows the city’s schools and green spaces, and will help pupils and staff understand this important reason for setting up a thriving wildlife garden at school.
Updated July 2020