Campaigns / Events
- The Great Big School Clean – 11-27 September 2020
- Waste Week – usually in March – support resources available from EDF – Join the Pod
- Plastic Waste Information Pack – Background information on plastic and lesson plans to help students make better use of plastic and reduce its environmental impact by Join The Pod.
- Might be Useful – literacy based waste resource for KS1
This delightful story with an environmental message was written for Foundation Stage / KS1 pupils. Stan works at the dump and is appalled to see people throwing away things which he thinks ‘might be useful.’ In his shed he mends broken items and uses other people’s ‘rubbish’ to make wonderful new objects. Use the links below to download:
- BHee Recycling Audit – Pupil led campaign. Use the links below to download:
- Also see Food section for food waste audit
Litter Picks / Beach Cleans
- BHee, Surfers Against Sewage, Marine Conservation Society + Sussex Wildlife Trust all organize beach cleans. BHCC may be able to lend out litter pickers.
- The Deans Beach and Environmental Volunteers organize regular beach cleans in Ovingdean and Rottingdean
- The Great Big School Clean – Eco-School litter campaign – 11 – 27 September 2020
- The Green Centre, Brighton – advice on local recycling including The Open Market recycling drop-off point, as well as other sustainable living projects.
- Local recycling at Hollingdean Materials Recovery Facility
- School visits available, contact Veolia – 01273 511324 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Terracycle – Free collection of hard-to-recycle goods including crisp packets and pens. Up-cycled goods available to buy.