Growing Food in Schools
- Growing Vegetables in School Gardens – RHS
- Edible Playgrounds – resources and support on growing food for schools
Resources from Brighton & Hove Food Partnership
Reducing Food Waste
- BHee pupil led campaign to reduce food waste – useful documents:
- Exploring food waste – short film from the Eco Council at St Lukes Primary School
- Zero Waste Lunches – resources from Devon CC to help audit school lunch waste audit and take action to reduce waste
- Food Waste: Young People’s Trust for the Environment explores questions such as ‘why do we waste so much food?’, ‘what are the impacts of food waste?’ and ‘what can we all do to help reduce food waste?’.
- Composting – guide to composting raw and cooked food in school. Compost Curriculum to support learning in many curriculum areas.
Other food resources